“My commitment to our community runs deep - four generations of my family live here. I believe that a strong economy will ensure that each generation can flourish. I am proud to have been your MLA since 2009 working to ensure Westside-Kelowna’s voice is heard in Victoria. I believe that free enterprise is the only way to build a strong economy and strong communities. I love the Okanagan, it's my home and I will continue to do all I can to make it better place for your family and mine.”
Our community is filled with hard working families, young people seeking post-secondary education, entrepreneurs, and seniors who have spent their entire lives contributing to society. And I am proud to be a part of a Party that understands the needs of this riding. Growing the Okanagan economy with quality jobs means that we will be able to attract more families to a healthy, sustainable community. The addition of UBC to the Okanagan and expansion and reinvestment in Okanagan College has led to a more than two fold increase in students getting skills and job training for careers right here in the Okanagan since 2005. To keep our families in the Okanagan we must have a strong economy.
I am running to be a part of a BC Liberal Government that has accomplished many things for BC and for Westside-Kelowna: Our platform is comprehensive, responsible, affordable and optimistic about the future. It’s based on a simple principle: it’s your money, not government’s. It’s about a Debt Free BC and the roadmap to get there. It’s about cutting the small business tax by 40%, reducing red tape, and expanding trade. We plan to:
- Expand opportunities for students to begin apprenticeships before graduating from high school.
- Freeze personal income taxes and the carbon tax for five years.
- Maintain a Balanced Budget which leads to a lower taxes and a healthy business climate.
- Expand the "Provincial Nominee Program" to attract new foreign investors to establish businesses here in the Okanagan.
- Maintain the BC Jobs Plan to promote an understanding of what jobs BC needs, including skilled workers for jobs in digital media, computer engineering, value added agriculture, heavy duty mechanics, welders, construction trades and many more.
- Take more action to cap government spending and review all ministries’ expenditures.
- And pay down B.C.’s debt
This election voters face a very clear choice. We can continue to build on our record. A recordof lowering taxes, stable economic growth and strong leadership. Or, we can have the tax and spend NDP. They most certainly will stall our recovery, kill jobs and set families back.
British Columbia’s future is at a crossroads. The choice is clear. We must keep moving forward to a Debt-Free B.C. A Strong Economy. Secure Tomorrow. That’s what Today’s BC Liberals are fighting for. Your BC Liberals understand how hard you work for every dollar your family earns. We will ensure our fiscal house is in order and our budget is balanced. Our priority is a strong economy for all British Columbians, while the NDP are focused on taking more of your money for their reckless spending plans.
Every vote counts in this election – please make sure you don’t forget to get out and vote on May 14.